Friday, July 11, 2008

Recipes....


I thought I would post a few recipes today


....don't have any pictures....(I always forget to take pictures while I am making anything!!!)


these are just some that I have been making for years and we love them....


This is the BEST Banana Nut Bread you will ever eat - I make it in mini loaf pans







Banana Nut Bread


½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/3 cup buttermilk
3 very ripe bananas
1 c. chopped pecans

Cream together oil and sugar.

Add eggs and salt to sugar mixture.

Combine the soda with the buttermilk. Add to egg mixture with milk.

Add bananas and nuts.

Grease and flour loaf pan.

Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.



This soup is very easy and very, very good.....


Broccoli Cheese Soup


3 cups frozen chopped or cut broccoli
1/3 cup chopped onion
½ cup flour
1 stick butter
1 ½ teaspoon dry mustard
16 oz Velveeta Cheese
2 15 oz cans chicken broth
2 cups milk

Add onion to frozen broccoli and cook according to package directions. Drain.

Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.

Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.

Add broccoli and remaining ingredients.

Cook until cheese is melted.

One of my favorite summer-time salads..........


Chilled Corn Salad

12 oz can whole kernel corn – drained
2-3 green onion – chopped
½ cup green pepper – chopped
2 Tablespoons minced parsley
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon oil
salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients and chill overnight.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh My Word!! Banana Nut bread is my Hubbys favorite! I May have to make some!!! Thanks Sweetie...Have a Wonderful weekend!hughugs

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the recipes!! You know how we love them!

Sandra