Friday, July 11, 2008

Two Posts in One Day.....Lunch......

This is what I have done today....came to work.....this is my desk - now I am a very busy person, that's why my desk is so messy!!!!!!!!
Annie - I hear you snickering.......


This is the other part of my desk - yes, that is a fresh peach that I will have for a snack this afternoon - somehow, I am going to pretend it is chocolate....look at this view - I have the best office on this whole floor - it truly is a blessing to come to work everyday!!!!

Just look at that sky - that is the Red River, ladies. I watch boats and skiers going up and down all day long.....I just close my eyes and pretend I am on a house boat out in the middle of it....
Every Friday (and sometimes in the middle of the week, when we are having a bad week) the girls in the office go out to lunch.

Today we went to a Shreveport landmark...Strawns...now there are several in town, but this is the original, a hole in the wall - but they expanded the hole.....but it still has the same charm and character. They have the best hamburgers and fries....and their lunch plates are pretty good too. However, they are best known for their pies.

This is Cynthia and Judy - they were sitting across from me - so they get their picture taken - there was a family at the next table and I bet that lady took 20 pictures.....I said, "Bet she has a blog." Look at Judy biting into that hamburger.......


...a shot of the room....and our waitress....and see those white bags - they have pie to go!!!! ....we are on our lunch hour, you know!


...there are murals all round the room...


...here is another - recognize any of those folks.....

...and now I am back at the office...tell me if you have to go to an office everyday - is this not the place to be????....look at that sky!!!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get anything done with a view like that? : o

Karen/Southernbelle

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me see Shreveport. I didn't get to go over this time.My mom is having surgery soon and I will be staying at LSU. Maybe we can do lunch or something.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Beautiful photos...
I love that you are taking lots of pictures!

The Wilsons said...

Snickering alright!!! If you keep blogging all day, you'll be at work on a beautiful Saturday afternoon catching up on all that work that's piled up just like I am right now!!! By the way, I decided to take a break after an hour and catch up on your blog. Aren't you entitled to double break time on Saturdays?!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a view lucky you!!!
I would stare out more than I would work.... but that's just me!!
Love the pics thanks for sharing them.
Diane

PAT said...

Hi Donna Kay

I don't remember Strawns. Maybe if I saw a picture of an old one, I might. I worked at a drugstore, that I can't remember the name of. That was in the early 60's. It was a big store. I took the bus from Bossier City, then changed somewhere downtown Shreveport. Took that bus to within a block of the store and walked over the rest of the way. Seems like the name started with an S! My ex (who was in the AF) managed a Dairy Queen, as a second job, near the high school where this kid went, who grew up to be a big football player, now I've lost the name of this guy. He played pro football. We saw him play HS ball. After football he became a sports commentator. Wish I could remember his name. He used to go the DQ where C worked, a lot.

Ahh... a 1960's Shreveport flashback!

Have a great week.
I'm celebrating my 200th post with a giveaway.
Pat

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful view. I look out on a parking lot. You are a lucky girl.

Gretchen

Donna said...

I Just would Not get anything done!!LOL...Look at that View!! Beautiful!! Lunch looked good and it's Always fun to go with the girls and have lots of laughs! Happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

I left a comment this day too! but it did not show up!!! (charlie brown) We had fun at lunch and we're looking forward to it again. See you later.

Judy